Monday, August 3, 2009

Rescue 911







On Friday, Thomy and Elizabeth headed back home, to begin va-ca #2 and I got a call from my old Grundy pal, Summer. For those of you who do not know Summer, she and I have known each other since we were little kids. Summer’s dad, Tommy Joe and my dad Tommy were big buddies and in turn, as we got older, we too became big buddies also. Anyway back to the story, it was Thomy’s 19th birthday and we had taken him and his sister to George’s Restaurant in Sunset Beach for breakfast when Chris had just finished buttering Thomy’s nose in the parking lot that I received a call. It was Summer.

On the phone was Summer saying something about Tate (her 18 year old son who was born less than a month after Thomy) being stranded in Myrtle Beach with a friend and needing Chris and I to pick them up from the parking lot of a hotel and that the people he was staying with were leaving and heading back to Virginia. OK, inhale – exhale, inhale – exhale! No problem, Chris and I got our kids headed on their way and went to rescue Tate and his friend, Blase.

After we picked them up Chris and I stopped by McDonalds, which every rescue should include, fed two extremely hungry boys and headed back to Sunset where the two of them piled up on the sofa and slept for about five hours. Now although Summer and I talk to each other via, phone, text or e-mail a few times a week, I have not seen Summer in about three years so this gave the two of us an opportunity to meet and have dinner. Summer and her husband Bart met all of us at Barefoot Landing and we ate and talked and had an exceptionally good time.

I miss my Grundy friend Summer, as a matter of fact; I miss all my Grundy friends! It was great to see her and she looks GREAT, she says she isn’t but she is still as skinny as she ever was and still tries to be Claudia Schiffer when someone takes of picture of her.
(Check Older Posts for more exciting vacation moments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment