Friday, August 14, 2009

Chris and I went to Steppin’ Out in Blacksburg on Saturday and although we didn’t feel as good as Billy Joel prior to rehab it was a close “natural” second. You know, actually, I think that song might be Movin’ Out, oh well! We saw so many fun things and interesting people. Artists, musicians, vendors, games and food, I know most of you probably think that my blog is about food because it always ends up Chris and I at some eatery or drinkery (whatever) and me talking about what we ate. Well this story is going to end up like that also, so let me stop you now if you’re tired of reading about the two of us eating.
For those adventuresome few my story continues. It took a good two hours to walk the square block that was a packed with all kinds of attention grabbing goodies and by the end of our walk it was, you guessed it, time for LUNCH, yeah! We decided to eat outside at a little pub called The Upper Deck. After climbing to the top of the stairs we were greeted by two smart asses who tried to card us. Chris took his hat off and said are you kidding? They laughed and said we could find a table anywhere we wanted because the place was still empty. It was only about 12:15 at this time and we settled at a corner table next to the street so we could people watch and listen to the community band that was beginning their concert as we sat down.
OK, I was a little skeptical at this point because I know the community band always plays the music for the local theater which I knew was performing Joseph and the Technocolored (sp, IDK) Dream Coat and Thomy performed in this play earlier in the year and I just wasn’t sure I could sit through the musicment again. But, to our most pleasant surprise, they did not. They played old TV show theme songs, some big band and a montage of the Little Mermaid and was accompanied by a professional, if there is such a thing, hula-hooper. CRAZY!
We chatted with a few people and ate some great BBQ, which we should have shared because there was just so much and took a few photos. We hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment