Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sorry to the masses of bloggers plowing through busy internet signals to finally reach Chris and me at A Design Build Studio blog only to find nothing new. My blog-ability has been quite limited as of late. The whole family has been super busy working on the house trying to get it “livable” prior to Christmas. I have not bought or mailed out one single gift and it is looking like I’m going to have to take a day off work in order to fulfill my associate Santa responsibilities.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and for those of you who were unable to meet for the holiday at Shannon and Erina’s house, you were missed! Plus you missed-out; great food and company were in abundance. Also, Shannon almost set the neighborhood on fire, it was awesome!

Oh, the house! My cabinets and appliances are set, the kid’s rooms are painted along with the hall and the living/dining area and the bead board in the kitchen is up and it too is painted. It is starting to look like an inhabitable structure rather than a storage area and workshop.
We are hoping to get some clean-up started and the moving-in and around of furniture. The shower surround for the claw foot tub is ready to be installed and the plumbing on that bathroom will be completed this weekend. Remind me to never refinish an old tub and then try to find plumbing parts, hardware and a shower surround, ever again. Commit me first!

Next we will tackle the existing sheet rock (mud, sanding, and clean-up) on the addition and even though I said I did not want to move in until all the sheet rock was finished I’m going to anyway. WHATEVER! I’ve done a lot of things in my life that I really didn’t want to do, this too might as well go on my list.

Gotta run and we’ll chat soon!

2 comments:

  1. Exciting. Everyone needs a passion and sure sounds like you guys are passionate about this house. Claw feet on the tub, even. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds beautiful, cant wait to see it! I love reading your updates so keep then coming, Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete