Monday, June 22, 2009

WELCOME HOME

My mom and I traveled to Bristol, VA this past Saturday to visit my cousin Brad who is home from Afghanistan. It was so great to see him and his family! My cousin Amy and her husband Jimmy brought their son Braden (oh my gosh, I wish you could see how cute this kid is) and our Granny Stiltner. Papaw Ronnie was there, I think it has been two years since I have seen him, and of course Mamaw Emily was there also.

Brad and I are both only children and only a few years apart, but he is older (ha! ha!). We used to get into all kinds of meanus. Is that a word, meanus? I think the word I’m referring to is actually meanness, but that sounds way to serious, so I’ll just stick with my Buchanan County languish tics and leave it at "meanus". We had a-lot of fun going to Coburn to the race on Saturday night with the top down on his jeep, we would just about freeze to death on the way home, even though it was summer time. Running down to Pikeville, KY, and that’s all I’m going to say about that or heading to the South Holston or to Lebanon where we’d all fish.

Elizabeth and Thomy were crazy about Brad, he was always around when they were little guys and I bet Brad has seen The Little Mermaid as many times as Elizabeth has. Brad got married and has settled in Bristol, VA, with his beautiful wife Windy and together they have two of the most seriously adorable children, Jackson and Madeline. Brad leaves again for Afghanistan at the end of the month so I hope everyone will remember to say a big prayer for my little cousin and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment