Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


How wonderful it was to be together for Mother’s Day. We want to thank everyone who was there and let those of you who had to work or were too far away to join in the festivities that we all missed you! We met at one of our favorite local restaurants, MK’s Pizza. MK’s is located less than a mile off I81, exit 101, which also takes you to the Claytor Lake State Park. Chris and I always order pizza with the egg roll appetizer, our favorites. We wanted to eat outside, MK’s has a great patio, but it was a little windy so the large crowd of 12 was gladly accommodated inside.

As you can see by the photo Poppy Ed drove Mama Nita to the party in his Mustang and Aunt Delilah was able to be there also, I’m so glad she could be with us. My Granny Stiltner got the “I had to travel many miles to get here award”, she came all the way from Grundy, VA. My mom or Mamaw Rita, as she is known, and her husband and sweetie-pie Loren were there and I know you can’t see her but GG was there too. GG is hidden but she is sitting between Loren and Thomy. Thomy is sitting beside his mom, me and there beside me should be Chris looking all dapper in his pink shirt but he is taking the picture. Brother-in-law Jason and the "baby girl" of the Horton clan, April, is sitting at the end of the table. What a crew!

Thanks again everybody for being there, it was a great Mother’s Day celebration and the best gift for the occasion.

1 comment: